Friday, January 26, 2007

Week 3 Art Journal Card

Caught up now so I'm chuffed. For this card I decided to use pretty much just paint, I haven't done much painting for a few years now and since I've started crafting my passion for painting is returning.

It's weird though because I feel out of practise if you see what I mean, so I guess I should do more LOL! Tony bought me a couple of fabby dinky deep canvases for Christmas (I think they are only about 6" square) and I really fancy having a go at those soon, I wish I had more hours in a day LOL!



















The theme in week 3 is "I am" so I have decided on "I am learning to Relax". I've always been a worrier but as time goes by things become easier in life, the reverse reads "As time passes I am worrying less and starting to enjoy my life" and I have to admit that the old saying "life begins at 40" is pretty much true in my case. I have much less to worry about now and life is grand.....it just goes too damn quick!

The card has been painted in a mixture of normal and metallic acrylics and, Nat, I have used Safmat for the lettering, bearing in mind it has been burnished onto a roughly painted surface, it looks pretty good I think.

Anyway, moving on a little. I was having a scout round the internet the other day and came across this link at Creating Keepsakes about Digital Circle Journals. Now I really fancy having a go at this, I have only ever done one digi page and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I don't think digi's can ever replace the stroke factor of paper journals but it just sounds like quite a fun thing to do.

If any of you have done one of these or fancy having a go please leave a comment or let me know. I'd love to have a bit of feedback on them :-)

15 comments:

Beth said...

Love your 3rd prompt Di. Think we all need to learn to relax, t'would relieve so much tension, lol. Love the calm, serene colours you've used too. I must have a look for some metallic paints, not used those yet. Beth XX

Anonymous said...

Oh Di - I love, love, love this card - fantastic! You clever girl you.....;-)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Your card is beautiful. Love the colors and the texture!

Samm said...

What a lovely blog! Love your pics and crafty bits, and your cards of course! Thank you for your comment on mine! (and I'm not at all jealous you had snow!!!! :D)
Samm x

Gigi said...

your card is stunning! love the way you used the white shading in the sky & bottom.....just beautiful! have fun relaxing in the snow!!

Lynn said...

These cards are so much fun I am loving doing them too! Love this card!

suebaru said...

Love your cards!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!!

Familie Kubben said...

I love your card, the paint and the words, I can totally relate to it :)) Thanks for your comment!

jess said...

I love all three of your cards so far!! they are all beautiful!!! Great blog too!!!
thanks for the message on my blog!!
have a great night!
jess!

Mrs Pretzel said...

WOW! I'm loving to cool tones. VERY relaxing!LOL Thanks for checking out MY card! I'm bookmarking your blog so I can see what you do! I can't wait for today's prompt!

rachel

Sooz said...

love this card! what is the technique for the lettering? I love that look...

thanks for sharing...

Nat said...

Ooh Di - fab as always. just love those colours...very relaxing indeed :D xxx

Di said...

Hi Sooz

Thanks for dropping by. I used a product called Safmat. You print onto it like paper but the back peels away so you have the printed word on a transparent plastic that then sticks to your artwork.

It's the first time I've used it too and I was very impressed.