Tuesday, April 03, 2007

I tried some beady bits

Having never done anything with beads before I was really looking forward to having a go at one of Traceys kits.

It was a fabulous project to take on holiday with me as it isn't too big for the suitcase and you don't need loads of tools to make it either.

The necklace I made is called Victorian Lace and it is a beautiful shape. Here is my effort:


















Now, of course, you need to take a peek at Traceys blog to see how it should be done but I was really pleased with my first ever effort at jewellery making.

Now, low and behold, the Scrapstars cyber crop was last weekend and Bex (Smiffy) did a fantastic bag charm class so I just had to have a go at that too.

Here it is:


















I have to say though that the small jump rings were INCREDIBLY small for my "banana fingers" to cope with but I got there in the end.

Talking of the Cyber Crop, I did another class on the Sunday for an ATC so here is a quick peek of that too:


















I've been really creative lately but I won't bore you with the whole lot today, I'll upload a bit more tomorrow...........yey!!

Bye for now peeps.

7 comments:

Di W said...

Great necklace and fab charm Di!! Glad to see you got away from it all on holiday - not!!!

Unknown said...

Wow! Wow! and Wow! Di

Love the necklace the bag charm and the ATC well done you clever clogs!

Beth said...

You've done a fab job of the necklace Di, going to start mine soon, plus the charm you did is great too. I'm sure you don't have banana fingers though, I had to laugh at that one. :-)

Kaz said...

OOooo they're lovely Di, well done you and the banana fingers lol.

Anonymous said...

What gorgous bead work Di, its scrummy and I love your CC kit too!

Nat said...

Love the beading work Di! Looks like you'll soon have another creative hobby on your hands there!!! xxx

Anonymous said...

wow - and you said you've never beaded before - brilliant - got your email also - thanks for taking part in the 'trial' xxx