Friday, January 08, 2010

Ok this isn't going to last.......

.....yes, yes, I know, I've blogged for a 2nd time in almost the same number of days!!  I really am going to try and blog everything I make and seeing as I have said I will keep certain commitments, with the calendar challenge and now with the Christmas card club, I'm hoping I will at least blog a couple of times a month LOL!

I'm not holding my breath though!

Over on Bubbly Funk we are doing a Christmas card club, similar to the one we did last year (I did a grand total of 2 cards), but this year each month will have a different theme.  I'm kind of thinking that the theme idea will keep me going on it but we'll see.

Anyway, Joanne set the first month with turquoise, a swirl and some sparkle.  I've done the turquoise, done the sparkle but the swirl didn't really show it's face anywhere, but said in my best Meatloaf voice, 2 out of 3 ain't bad!!

My card uses some Tando chippie (no surprise there then as I have an abundance of it)!  I painted the stocking with turquoise paint, then coated with crackle glaze, then painted with white acrylic.  The top of the stocking is sprayed silver and whilst it was dry I added a bit of glitter.  I used Basic Grey papers and stitched round the edges.

I added the button detail on the stocking because my crackling hadn't gone too well in that spot and I needed to cover it up ha ha and then I finally added the ribbon and the stamped word Believe.


Here's hoping this is another challenge I can keep up with!

8 comments:

Gez Butterworth said...

Good Luck with the challenge Di. Looks like you're off to a flying start. :-) Love your card almost looks like a canvas & your button looks perfect. Hope you have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Gez.xx

Traceyr said...

That is a wonderful card Di and I love that shape of stocking - very court jestery (think I have made a word up!!!) hahaha

:)

Sharon said...

This is a beautiful card - well done for being so fast!

Kaz said...

Whoo look at you with your 2 posts!!

Fab card Di. I didn't make any last year! xx

Angelnorth said...

OK, we'll count the curvature on that ribbon piece as your swirl shall we? ;o) Fab card Di and the button looks like it was meant to be there!

Karen said...

I LOVE this stocking!!!! You have made a great card there Di & I am with Joanne on the swirl!!! Blogging again tomorrow then??? hahaha XXX

jayne said...

lovely card Di ....I must blog more often too :D

jayne said...

Love this card ..... Have you ever considered being in a DT ? Over at www.fiskarettes.co.uk we are running a call for DT members its a 3 month position and you get Fiskars tools to experiment with.Check out how to apply on the home page.
We have lots of challenges,competitions and inspiration if a DT post isn't your thing :D